Here's what you can enjoy this week:
1. "That's Not My Name," The Ting Tings: Remember this band name, The Ting Tings. You will thank me later. More on them later. Take The Kills and add some funk to it and you got this duo.
2. "Green Eyeliner," Hot Puppies: The pups would love to come to New York to entertain our ears, but it's that pesky no U.S. record deal that gets in the way. In the meantime, put on some Green Eyeliner
3. "Hot As Possible," The Schla La Las: I've name dropped this band a couple of time as an alternative to The Pipettes. They are more than a vocal group, since all of them are a rock band.
4. "Maximum Sunshine," Lynnfield Pioneers: Something from the back catalog, the Pioneers are the garage rockers from the 90s on the Matador label.
5. "Drain the Lake," The Seabellies: From Australia comes this melody makers with a sensitive side.
6. "Hiphopopotomus Vs. Thymenoceros," Flight of the Conchords: I haven't been warming up to this indie rock/comedy trend, but I really dig the new HBO series, Flight of the Conchords. Tonight, I watched all 3 available episodes and must say it was pretty damn funny for what it is. The latest episode features this rap parody number.
7. "Water of the Gods," The Changes: Still one of the summer songs to add to your mix this year.
8. "Is It Any Wonder?," The Shortwave Set: Still one of the summer songs you should have added to your mix last year.
9. "Bossa Per Tu," Nicola Conte: This is a nice chill out song to watch the sunset on the beach. Makes you feel like one of the international playboys or playgirls.
10. "Metronomic Underground" (Live, Atlanta 1999), Stereolab: I have a few live bootlegs, so here's one from 1999.