Going back to last Saturday night, no doubt I had to squeeze in a performance from my main man Eli "Paperboy" Reed. When the rest of the world catches on to his endless talent and infectious sound, he'll be the toughest ticket in town. The reason being is his stepping-up to the majors with a record deal with Virgin. Before he heads back over to Europe, he'll play a big opening spot for Dave Matthews Band in NJ.
Here are his tour dates:
- April 15: The Izod Center @ The Meadowlands -- E. Rutherford, New Jersey
- April 19: Academy 3 -- Manchester, UK
- April 20: Classic Grand -- Glasgow, UK
- April 21: O2 Academy 2 -- Birmingham, UK
- April 22: ULU -- London, UK
- April 24: Le 106 -- Rouen, France
- April 25: Bourges Festival @ Le 22 -- Bourges, France
- April 26: AB Club -- Brussels, Belgium
- April 27: Tivoli De Helling -- Utrecht, Holland
- April 29: Loppen -- Copenhagen, Denmark
- April 30: Woody West @ Storan -- Goteborg, Sweden
- May 1: Garage -- Oslo, Norway
- May 2: Bergenfest @ Garage Bergen, Norway
- May 5: Musikzentrum -- Hannover, Germany
- May 6: Doornroosje -- Nijmegan, Holland
- May 7: La Vapeur -- Dijon, France
- May 8: Luxor -- Koln, Germany
- May 9: Frankfurt -- Frankfurt, Germany
- May 11: La Trabendo -- Paris, France
- May 13: La Riviera -- Madrid, Spain
- May 15: Vitoria Azkena Rock Festival @ Mendizorroza Sports Arena -- Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain
Saturday showed that Eli is getting better at being the showman. His wears his classic soul influences on his sleeves, so he sweats through his show like those who passed before him, Otis, Jackie, JB. Pencil in Eli "The Hebrew Hammer" Reed as one of the top five acts you're not seeing.
Mark my words, my friends. He's going to be everywhere this year when his second album hits the masses. Even Jools Holland took notice and had him on his show.
- Eli and The Sweet Divines with special guest Sharon Jones at Union Hall
- Eli's previous Jersey gig at the Download Festival in Camden.
Following Eli in this small East Coast tour is fellow Bostonian, Jenny Dee & the Deelinquents. The vocal stylings are your classic girl group style from Stax and Motown. It was the perfect tone for the night. Furthurmore, her Boston accent was the thickest I've ever came across. It was wicked. She said on stage, "It took me awwwwww-ahs to find ah spaaaht fooooor my cahhhhhh (it took me hours to find a spot for my car." It was a thing of beauty.