"I like to watch." Come on ... you haven't seen it? Peter Sellers, man. Okay, some think the movie, others think the Wilco album.
One of things I've learned from my time in music blogging is to trust other band's tastes in opening act. thus, I'll take Noak & The Whale's choices. Mumford & Sons, Laura Marling. Nuff said.
So I expect nice things from their latest choice of opening act for their fall U.K. tour. Being There hearken back to the early days of Sub Pop and Matador with their up-tempo, early 90s-inspired pop. Think of the Vaselines and the non-mopey moments of Belle & Sebastian.
They've just posted their first couple of songs for streaming. Their debut single, "The Radio", was produced Richard Formby (Wild Beasts).
Here are those UK dates with Noah:
- Rockober 18: Dome -- BRIGHTON
- Rockober 19: UEA -- NORWICH
- Rockober 21: Engine Shed -- LINCOLN
- Rockober 25: Corn Exchange -- CAMBRIDGE
- Rockober 26: Brixton Academy -- LONDON
- Rockober 27: Guildhall -- SOUTHAMPTON
- Rockober 29: University -- CARDIFF
- Rockober 30: Hall For Cornwall -- TRURO
- Rockober 31: Colston Hall -- BRISTOL