On him, the Ludlow vest in midnight pinstripes from Brooks Brothers, on her, floral dress from J. Crew. On right, Hanes t-shirt, braces and hat, vintage.
The Lumineers have put the finishing touches on their self-titled debut album. The Denver trio are known for their heart-felt, stripped down, rootsy-folk rock. Comparisons to The Low Anthem and Avett Brothers are bound to be thrown around. I predict a lot of foot stomping in their live shows.
The origins of the group actually start here in the beautiful Garden State as the gentleman Wesley Schultz and Jeremiah Fraites grew up in Ramsey, NJ. The forged a friendship after Wesley's best friend died from a drug overdose. They sputtered about the music scene in New York before heading to the fresh mountain air of Denver. That's where Neyla Pekarek joined in and thus, The Lumineers were born.
Their debut album will be out April 3 on Dualtone Records. In anticipation for that, they will embark on a spring tour.
- March 21: The Casbah -- San Diego
- March 22: Hotel Café -- Los Angeles
- March 24: Café Du Nord -- San Francisco
- March 25: The Crepe Place -- Santa Cruz, CA
- March 29: Axe & Fiddle -- Eugene, OR
- March 30: Mississippi Studios -- Portland
- March 31: Tractor Tavern -- Seattle
- April 1: Media Club -- Vancouver
- April 4: Neurolux -- Boise, ID
- April 5: The State Room -- Salt Lake City
- April 6: Misawaka Indoors -- Bellvue, CO
- April 7: Shug's -- Boulder, CO
- April 9: The Maintenance Shop -- Ames, IA
- April 11: 7th Street Entry -- Minneapolis
- April 12: The Frequency -- Madison, WI
- April 13: SPACE -- Chicago/Evanston, IL
- April 17: Higher Ground Lounge -- Burlington, VT
- April 18: Iron Horse -- Northampton, MA
- April 19: StageOne -- Fairfield, CT
- April 20: Café 939 (festival) -- Berklee, MA
- April 21: Music Hall of Williamsburg -- Brooklyn
- April 22: Jammin' Java -- Vienna, VA
- April 24: Johnny Brenda's -- Philadelphia
- April 26: Local 506 -- Chapel Hill, NC
- April 27: The Basement -- Nashville
- April 28: Blueberry Hill -- St. Louis
- April 29: The Record Bar -- Kansas City
Here's the three of them holding court in somebody's living room, for their song "Hey Ho". You folks are welcome to come by MS.com HQ to do the same.