I don't believe they have a fear of men -- they have men in the band. Da da daaaaaahhhhh.
Time to spotlight some other bands that I sampled while going through last weekend's line-up. Pretty much the people who played Camden Crawl will move onto the Great Escape festival this weekend in Brighton. In any event, I enjoyed the haunting vocals mixed with the sunny California vibe of the U.K. band, Fear of Men. They sound like Tim Burton if he went surfing.
The four-piece have a fine selection of demos on their bandcamp page, including their latest single, Green Sea. You listen to the bad boy below.
For the U.K. people, Fear of Men snagged a prime opening slot on Best Coast's U.K. tour this June.
- June 12: White Heat-- London (supporting Purity Ring)
- June 16: 02 Glasgow ABC 2 (supporting Best Coast)
- June 17: HMV Ritz-- Manchester (supporting Best Coast)
- June 18: 02 Academy-- Birmingham (supporting Best Coast)
- June 20: 02 Shephers Bush Empire -- London (supporting Best Coast)
- June 2: Coalition -- Brighton (supporting Best Coast)