Let's take a look at a fine trio of rockers from that hotbed of indie rock, Hollywood .... Florida. I'm not sure what that city has to offer, but I can declare that Beach Day is the finest thing that Florida has produced since Season 4 of Dexter.
Kimmy, Natalie and Skyler aren't bringing their surfboards to the beach, but they are bringing guitars and tight jeans. They are like the band that sonically beats-up the resident surf rock bands. Cut from the same cloth has Dum Dum Girls, Best Coast, Raveonettes, Black Lips and all the others I feature here on a normally basis, Beach Day have a slick and steady 60s garage rock sounds with those girl group vocals you crave. No complaints from their set. I came to see some intense guitars, fiery drumming and some sweet harmonies, and that's what I got.
The three will stick around through the week for a Kanine Records showcase at Knitting Factory tonight with the Bleeding Rainbow crew.. They'll put out a Beach Day/Get It Out of Your Head 7" single out the label on July 17th.
- June 14: Brooklyn -- Knitting Factory
- June 15: Brooklyn -- Shea Stadium
- June 19: Columbus, OH -- Ace of Cups
- June 21: Nashville -- Grimey’s
- June 22: Tuscaloosa, AL -- Green Bar
- June 24: Houston -- Mangos Music Café
- June 27: New Orleans -- The Saint Bar & Lounge
- June 30: Austin -- Mohawk
- July 17: Augusta, GA -- Soul Bar
- July 18: Athens, GA -- Caledonia
- July 19: Durham, NC -- Pinhook
- July 20: Atlanta -- Drunken Unicorn
- July 22: Asheville, NC -- Emerald Lounge
- July 25: Brooklyn -- Public Assembly
- July 26: New York -- Cake Shop
- July 28: Columbia, SC -- Art Bar
- August 3: Miami -- Bardot