It's a comeback year for the veteran eclectic poppers in St. Etienne. I thought they should have gotten a nomination for the Mercury Prize because Words and Music by Saint Etienne is one their finest album. A nomination would have been like a lifetime achievement recognition. I would put it up their with Good Humour. It's kind of rare for a band going it's their third decade making relevant and exciting music.
The Brits return to North America for their first tour in six years. I was at their last show in 2006 at Irving Plaza, which I will always remember because some drunk dick puked all over the floor.
- Rocktober 24: The Opera House -- Toronto
- Rocktober 25: U Street Music Hall -- Washington DC
- Rocktober 26: Webster Hall -- New York,
- Rocktober 27: Paradise -- Boston
- Rocktober 29: Lincoln Hall -- Chicago
- Rocktober 31: Wonder Ballroom -- Portland
- November 1: The Showbox -- Seattle
- November 2: The Fillmore -- San Francisco
- November 3: Fonda Theatre -- Los Angeles
This is their fan-made video for the song, I've Got Your Music. The band asked fans of footage of their favorite albums.