I have two reactions to realizing that Interpol's seminal album, Turn on the Bright Lights will be ten years old next year. Where the hell did the time go? That all means all the albums from that early aughts NYC scene have also turned 10. Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Strokes. Good times. Pre-blog for me. My other thought, where the hell is Carlos D? He left Interpol in 2010, and he's not been heard from.
In any event, just in time for your holiday shopping needs, Turn on the Bright Lights gets a glossy repacking and remastering loaded with demos, live tracks, B-sides, a DVD documentary and extensive linear notes. There will also be a LP re-release as well. Put me down for both.
2. Obstacle 1
5. Say Hello To The Angels
6. Hands Away
7. Obstacle 2
8. Stella Was A Diver And She Was Always Down
10. The New
11. Leif Erikson
1. Interlude (iTunes single)
2. Specialist (Interpol EP)
3. PDA (First Demo, 1998)
4. Roland (First Demo, 1998)
5. Get The Girls (First Demo, 1998)
6. Precipitate (2nd Demo, 1999)
7. Song Seven (Original Version) (2nd Demo, 1999)
8. A Time To Be So Small (2nd Demo, 1999)
9. Untitled (Third Demo, 2001)
10. Stella (Third Demo, 2001)
11. NYC (Third Demo, 2001)
12. Leif Erikson (Third Demo, 2001)
13. Gavilan (Cubed) (Third Demo, 2001)
14. Obstacle 2 (Peel Session, 2001)
15. Hands Away (Peel Session, 2001)
16. The New (Peel Session, 2001)
17. NYC (Peel Session, 2001)
1. Mercury Lounge, 2000 (Sam Fogarino s first show)
2. Troubador, 2002 (The band s first LA show) in (high-quality multi-camera shoot)
3. Music videos for 'PDA' 'NYC' and 'Obstacle 1'
IFrom the band: In 2002, we released our first album, Turn on the Bright Lights. We had waited close to five years for the opportunity to record an album. Needless to say this was a memorable moment for us. We never had any expectations for how the album would be received. We just wanted to present our music as an album to anyone who would be open to hearing it. It was incredible to finally tour and see people react to these songs. We never could have imagined that the album would have reached so many people throughout the world. We spent a good deal of time this past year digging through our archives and asking others to dig through theirs in the hopes of uncovering some forgotten material. The result of our hunting and gathering has yielded this Tenth Anniversary Edition of Turn on the Bright Lights. We wanted to do something special for the fans who have always supported us. We wanted to do something special for the best fans in the world. We hope you enjoy it.